"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 26, 2023

Vacillation, Vocation & Vexation

In you feel incline, answer one or all.
1 - Vacillation - something you keep changing your mind on
2 - Vocation - something you are particularly suited to do or particularly drawn toward, such as a career or occupation
3 - Vexation - something that annoys you

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My answers:
1 - Vacillation - I change my mind on pretty much everything
2 - Vocation - maybe a writer although my grammar is still wonky after all these years
3 - Vexation - I get a bit annoy when people rush when they are doing me a favor but when I do them a favor, they seem to think I shouldn't rush

For more about the A-Z Challenge, go here.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Christine: That is a nice vocation. Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. 1 - Vacillation - I'm the kind of person who doesn't change her mind...maybe I should have sometimes, now I'd be living a better life...
    2 - Vocation - writing (not as an author, but as a blogger, reviewer...)
    3 - Vexation - when my hair doesn't turn out right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: I'm a bit like you, once I made up my mind on something, I don't change it. But yes, some decisions are worth changing.

      That's my vocation too.

      I don't have an issue with my hair except it misbehaves.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Vacillation's just a cool word.

    Same with writing- as much as I do it, you'd think I coud edit my typos or remember commas, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I actually learned that word, vacillation, from the show Charmed, the original version that is.

      It's just hard to get English grammar right, there's so many odd rules.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Vacilliation: Oh, so many things, and then I end up doing neither.
    Vocation: ... maybe old fashioned, but every time I see that word, I'm back in Salzburg, and hear the abbess from Nonnberg sing "Climb ev'ry Mountain" inside my head. And then I feel the strenght to brave one more day.
    Vexation: People that do not listen (or read) before answering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: Indecision sometimes means not making any decisions.

      Vocation - That's some thought.

      Oh yes, that vex me too.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut