"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 05, 2023

Dumb Dweets

Dweet, according to the Urban Dictionary means, A tweet sent while drunk. I'm not writing these under any influence except maybe crankiness for lack of sleep or lack of food (written before lunch) or just plain crankiness. These may or may not be 140 characters.

01
last night, I ate an orange that turned out to be a tangerine

02
my fake plants died because I remembered to forget to water them

03
I got hit in the head by a UFO - unidentified flying oreo - and enjoyed it

04
there was a raging storm last night but it didn't explain how my neighbor's fridge ended up in my kitchen with him beside it

05
got a t-shirt with 'fat cat' for my skinny cat and now he's too fat to take it off

06
yesterday at noon, I walked along a graveyard and talked to a ghost who knew how I can win the lotto

07
I got lost in a black hole last night & woke up covered in black ink

For more about the A-Z Challenge, go here.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to a great new word -- "dweets!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: I'm glad to educate my readers.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Christine: I think so too. Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Did you listen to the ghost and win in lotto?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: No, because he was a ghost who had a tendency to lie a lot.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. "my fake plants died because I remembered to forget to water them"
    😂

    I didn't know the word "dweets" existed, but some of those I happen to read may fall into the category...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: It's absolutely true. Even fake plants can die under my care.

      I think dweets is an old word, well, anything on the internet becomes old after one day. I really don't remember. I sometimes save words for later use.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I suspect that many tweets fall into the dweets range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: It's just so easy to say something and then regret it later.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. A new word! Twitter would probably be more fun while drunk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I think so too since some people can be funny drunk.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. The black hole one was hilarious.😂
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinley: I really like that one.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. Hilarious. I never heard of the word "dweet" but I guess we have all seen these kinds of remarks elsewhere on the internet.
    I love the one with the fake plants, that would happen to mine but I've given up on plants, fake or otherwise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne: It didn't matter if you have never heard of dweet as someone somewhere will come up with new words to say the same thing.

      Just like you, I can't have plants because they would not survive under my neglect, fake or real.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. And it's always good to learn something new.

      Yup, no green fingers here. But they seem to have jumped a generation. My father loved gardening, and plants in the house. And my sons both have their apartments full with them.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut