"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 19, 2023

Procrastination: A Rambling

I believe procrastination is kind of an excuse so you don't have to deal with whatever you wish to avoid doing. So sometimes I went with the mentally of Why do it now when I can do it later? even when there's no way of avoiding the things I keep putting off.
    So why do I procrastinate? Maybe it's a habit that I simply grow into overtime. Maybe I like doing it. There is some joy in putting things off, like certain task is just so annoying that, doing it later is kind of nice. Maybe I'm lazy? I don't think being lazy and procrastinating are exactly the same thing. I may be lazy but I don't procrastinate to be lazy. Sometimes lazy is just lazy. I may lack motivation to do certain things right away but is that considered procrastinating or just being lazy?
    But perhaps there is no meaning to procrastinating. It is just a delay because you can't avoid doing certain things anyway. 
    How about you? Have you ever procrastinated? Do you think you need a purpose to your procrastination?

For more about the A-Z Challenge, go here.

8 comments:

  1. I am indeed a procrastinator. Which seems a bit pointless because I will have to do whatever it is eventually, but I still do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: It's pointless to put things off but we do it anyway.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I try not to procrastinate too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: Maybe you're better at it than most of us.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I used to and hoped what I had to do might just go away or seem less important, these days I mostly just get whatever it is done and then can be lazy with a clear conscience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River: I also tried ignoring things but that don't really work. Like you, I try to get whatever done so I can be lazy but sometimes I just can't do it.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I'm a master procrastinator. Of course, that only translates in having to work double time later because you haven't done half the job earlier...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: That's true, some things the more you put it off, the harder it gets. But it can't be helped. Some things are just so easy to put off.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut