"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 06, 2023

Errors - A Rambling

Keep calm and carry on, errors and all
Errors, mistakes, they happen and I shouldn't dwell too much on them and yet, I continue to correct any errors I made even after a long time had passed but with less frequency now. Even when I have checked something hundreds of times, there are still mistakes and some I don't even notice. So why do I bother to keep correcting them? I know I have to give up trying to get everything right but sometimes a mistake just can't be ignored. And this isn't just for writing or blogging but for everything. What about you? Do you fix your errors even when it might be a bit late?

For more about the A-Z Challenge, go here.

14 comments:

  1. What, you mean like typos? I like to eradicate as many as I can. But we can't catch them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: Typos, giving someone the wrong thing or anything that is a mistake. You're right, we can't always catch all our mistakes.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I do! I'm finicky that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: I'm just as finicky as you.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I do, too...if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark: I do too. Sometimes you can't.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Once I have seen them, I try to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: That's me too. But maybe I tried to fix it too much.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I d sometimes. What kills me is when I try to proofread and then hit POST and there are sTILL errors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: That's happens to me a lot. Why we can't catch errors before we hit publish is beyond me. But it's okay, we can't make everything perfect.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I could get deep with this. An error like a spelling error? I'm guilty of making them all the time and not noticing/caring if I'm just talking casually to someone. But if I'm writing an essay then I will do close reading a million times. In life? I think I'm hard on myself. I have to remind myself that I'm human, I'll make mistakes, and I can't fix everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. paperbackprincess: Yes, we're all humans, mistakes happen.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Christine: It seems everyone is about the same about errors. Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut