"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 28, 2024

Yes to these things

These are the things I would say yes to. Since my N post (No to these things) is about food, I thought I continue that.

01 - Strawberries - I love strawberries and anything with them or anything strawberry-favored.

02 - Roast pork buns - This has always been a favorite for as long as I can remember, I like to eat them while they are still hot.

03 - Egg custard tarts - I don't remember when I first tasted egg tarts but it have always been one of my favorite sweet treats.

04 - Egg drop soup - I don't get many chance to eat egg drop soup but I've always liked it.

05 - Chicken Congee - Almost anything congee I like but especially chicken congee.

06 - French fries with ketchup - Can't eat one without the other.

07 - Pizza - mostly plain but sometimes I like some toppings, like green or red peppers or chicken though I have never tried pineapple toppings.

What are you some of the things you say yes to?

12 comments:

  1. I like egg custard tarts too and indulge every once in awhile when I get a craving for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: Egg custard tarts are great.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Yummy-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: Yes they are yummy.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Yes to mango. And raspberries. And almost any cheese. No to offal. Or these days any meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I like mangoes too but they are kind of difficult to eat if you can't cut them.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I like strawberries (and all berries, really), never had the chance to try foods from 2 to 5, adore french fries (with or without ketchup) and pizza (never going to try the pineapple kind though 😧).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: I like pineapples but I'm a bit hesitant about putting them on my pizza. They really don't seem to go with pizza at all.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Yes to: Sushi, almost any kind of fruit or coffee or mint filled dark chocolates, hubby's coffee, Bacon, Poke bowls with crispy ebi, almost any food from Italy or Japan (Not tripa or natto respectively), fresh bread with butter and honey, pulled pork (homemade) and Pizza with anchovises and pineapple ;)
    French fries, yes but no ketchup, I do really not like that kind of sticky condiments, including mayo, Thousand Islands and such.
    No thanks to Cabbage, lentils, beans, nuts, leek, onions, eruca ... actually most things bitter (including beer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: I'm so used to putting ketchup on my fries that I can't do without them. I'm not a fan of beer either.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I really like strawberries and some sweets that use them, handmade pies, Italian thin crust pizzas, noodles and spaghetti.
    I also really like vegetables if they are creatively cooked!
    Thanks for the post, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katerina: I haven't had any thin crust pizzas before. I used to like spaghetti but somehow I kind of do not like it now.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut