"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 26, 2024

Whimsical Long-Titled Books

I made these up for fun but maybe someone will write them some day.
01 - Follow the trail of the rainbow: The life and times of a traveling hippie unicorn musician by Peace Flower

02 - Dogs committing traffic crimes, chickens crossing roads without looking both ways & other almost true stories by Samual Hidrant

03 - Crocheting adventures with my two cats, a giraffe and an RV by Edith Knitheart

04 - The girl who ran away from home but returned later with a case of beer, two starships and a dozen cats with the power to control minds by Soso Knots

05 - The night we forgot to put on seatbelts and came home with two unicorns by Travis Broke

06 - Unsuitable pastimes of an artificially created janitor and her minions and how they took over the world with just cleaning supplies and a library card by Squeaky Spot

07 - The  imagined secret government nicknames for citizens handbook you didn't read by Nobody Here

Do you have any real favorite long-titled books?

9 comments:

  1. Fun -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who better to write (and illustrate) these books than you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I might write a story or something for one of these as I like the ideas.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. 4 and 6 sounds awesome LOL. I would love to read those stories.

    And your unicorn art is brilliant! What a lovely era-appropriate vibe, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: I like them too. It's odd to say I like my own ideas.

      I had fun making that unicorn art and I did look up some era- appropriate images for references.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. So fun!!! I love the chickens crossing the road without looking and the janitor and her minions who take over the world with cleaning supplies and a library card. Totally made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark: That's why I write these, to amuse pople. I'm glad you got a laugh out of them.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I've heard that big headlines don't attract readers!
    Maybe it's a myth!
    I like number 1.
    I loved your list!
    Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katerina: Some people don't like long-titled books but it's a preference, just like reading.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut