"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 05, 2024

Excuse me while I pretend to blog

I had a post written but decided not to use it for tons of reasons or maybe for one reason. What would be a good excuse not to post something? Bad idea? Bad taste? Bad timing? Too personal? Not personal enough? Too offensive? Too provoking? Not provoking enough? Whatever the reasons, they are essentially excuses.
    Not that I need an excuse not to blog but sometimes it seems I reason myself out of posting this or that for reasons that may be considered dumb when I really think about it. Maybe I think too much about a post before posting and maybe I don't think enough. Whatever excuse not to post, it's probably not as dumb as I think or maybe it is. I still have more excuses not to post than to post.

If you're a blogger, do you need excuses not to post something or are you the type who are willing to share just about everything with your readers?

10 comments:

  1. I do consider the material I post. -christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: It's good to do so. Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Everyone has to have standards and boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: Yes, I agree with you. But spammer probably doesn't.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I definitely don't share everything on my blog. I try to keep my posts positive...and while I do share some private things, my posts are mostly about books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark: I also try to keep what I post positive but still honest. It seem impossible for me not to share some things even though they might not see private but they are kind of private in a tiny way. Even though you post about books, you still choose to pick which books to talk about so that's like a private opinion.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, I think about what I post. And mostly stick to the trivial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: It's probably easier to stick with trivial things because then you don't worry whether they will get read, right? But trivial to you might not be trivial to others.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. For me too peronal, or maye better put too personal involving other people, would be where I drew the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: Personal? It depends I guess. You choose to share what you want and maybe that's too personal but I don't mind it. People can choose to share whatever they want and readers can decide if they want to read them or not.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut