"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 16, 2024

No to these things

These are the things I would say no. I don't know how it turned into food only but okay.

01 - Sushi - just don't like them especially if it's raw fish

02 - Avocados – there was this cafe where almost every item has avocados as one of the ingredient but the place is not called Avocado City or anything

03 - Brussels sprout - I don't think there is a way to make these taste better

04 - Food with faces on them - food that are shaped into faces or human body parts - just nope

05 - Oysters/lobsters/seafood in general - I've never gotten into the taste of most sea food

What are some of the things you say no to?

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of anything on your list either, although I must say that brussells sprouts are tasty IF and ONLY IF slow roasted with butter. Also, avocados in the form of guacamole are tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: I've never tried roasting brussell sprouts but it sounds almost good. I actually do not like guacamole.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. There's quite a large amount of things, I do not eat. Most are health-related, but that's not what you asked. So only from taste:
    Brussels sprout - no thanks, I just cannot eat it ... the taste!
    Oysters and snails - but yes to lobsters, mussels ... all other sea food.
    Anything with large gobs of fat in it.
    Onions, strange, but no thanks.
    Non-dairy milk substitutes - I tried most, as I'm lactose intolerant - but I have yet to find one where I'd not prefer water or my coffee black instead.
    Margarine instead of butter on bread.
    Vegemite, marmite, and the Austrian ditto.
    Red grapefruits and oranges - they are so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: I don't like oinions either but for some reason, I like onion rings even though it's actually just fried onions. I'm not a fan of grapefruits.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. My mother cooked brussel sprouts till they were grey. Definitely no thanks. Even when I still ate meat liverwurst was a definite NO.
    I do like avocado though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I think avocado is an aquired taste. Lots of people like them.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I say no to lima beans, salmon, peppermints, and anything slimy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark: No to slimy food too!

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut