"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 06, 2022

Excuses For Not Blogging

girl hanging on a tree upside down
'no excuses needed to hang around'

Not that I need any excuses not to blog but here are some. Whether these are true or not, it's up to you.

01. The unicorn society revoked my membership and it made me too gloomy to blog.

02. Someone threw my laptop into the pool. He swore he was only trying to test the flotation device he had made with cheese.

03. I joined the friends-who-need-time-away-from-the-internet society and they had convinced me I must stop blogging if I want to save my soul. I didn't know if they were lying or not but at least, I got to nap during lectures about the evils of the internet. I must admit, they should really stop using those drone-like speakers. They put a lot of people to sleep. I only came back home because the police broke up the society, something about some health code violation but I was too sleepy to listen but they did served very dull lunches.

04. After I brought some toothbrushes at a convenience store and walked back out through the exit door, I was taken to another dimension but when I stepped through the exit door again, several months had already passed.

05. My cat hid my laptop and it was only through the promise of buying him his own cat house did he get it back for me but he took a long time because he had a terrible memory and couldn't remember where he had placed it.

What's your excuse for not blogging?


Blogging from A to Z 2022
For more about Blogging from A to Z Challenge, click on the image above or go here.

10 comments:

  1. All these are perfectly good excuses in my book! My favorite is my cat hid my laptop. That's one intelligent kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WendyW: I don't actually have a cat but if I do, he'll maybe do that too.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. My excuse? Laziness.
    I love your much more original ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: Laziness is my excuse too.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Christine: It's an old one but I love it.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Abdomen pain. really. But still visiting blogs and writing my reactions. Interesting blog posts. I thank all A to Z bloggers. A to Z challenge makes you write. Write and interact with a big blogger community.
    Effectiveness, Efficiency and Excellence - Engineering Supervision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narayana Rao K.V.S.S.: That doesn't sound like fun. I hope you're doing well.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Greg: Those two are my favorite too.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut