"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

April 04, 2022

Completing book titles for no reason

I thought it would be fun to complete some book titles as most of them seem to be incomplete sentences. I guess they sort of sounded a bit murderous, don't ask why that is but I did wrote these under two hours. These books are chosen from the amazon bestseller various lists.

At the quiet edge by Victoria Helen Stone
01 - At the quiet edge by Victoria Helen Stone

At the quiet edge of Oak Town, I met the man who will murder me.

When the past came calling by Larry S. Kaplan
02 - When the past came calling by Larry S. Kaplan

When the past came calling, I knew I had to find Larry the Annihilator to erase my tracks and turn me into a ghost.

Or Else by Joe Hart
03 - Or Else by Joe Hart

'Or else' was what our mother said right before she choked on her lasagna and before she threw a knife at the wall when we told her we wouldn't name our cat after her.

04 - It ends with us by Colleen Hoover

It ends with us standing around a lifeless body with shovels in our hands and regrets in our cold, dead hearts.

The last thing he told me by Laura Dave
05 - The last thing he told me by Laura Dave

The last thing he told me before he struck a knife in me was, 'Sorry, I had to kill you in order to make up for my small manhood.'

Just haven't met you yet by Sophie Cousens
06 - Just haven't met you yet by Sophie Cousens

Just haven't met you yet but I know who you are and where you live but don't worry, in time, you will know what is like to be notorious for murdering a famous actress.

Here's one for you to complete:

After she left by Claire Amarti
07 - After she left by Claire Amarti

After she left...

Blogging from A to Z 2022
For more about Blogging from A to Z Challenge, click on the image above or go here.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun post!! I loved your complete sentences!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WendyW: I really like writing these. Maybe next, I can write something a little more cheerful.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. You are definitely dancing on the dark side here. Fun takes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I probably should watch less crime dramas.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Wow #4 is awesome! I love #1 and 3 too. Fun ! :):)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I'm glad you like them. I think I have more fun writing these than anything else.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. What a clever and fun post! #6 and #4 are my two favs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark: I had fun writing these although I think they are pretty dark.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Christine: I had fun writing these.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Oo I loved this!
    Should I be worried that you managed to turn all those book titles into murder-y stuff xD?
    Just kidding!

    Taking your example-
    I'd say
    After she left this earth, all that was left for me to do was dump and hide all the evidence

    Hopping in from the A-Z community,
    Dream
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/a-z-2022/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dream Girl: These are a bit murderous but probably due to me watching a lot of crime dramas that involves murders.

      Your example sounds just right for that book cover.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut