"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

February 27, 2024

Words for Wednesday Prompts - Feb 28, 2024

scrabble tiles spelling words for wednesday
This February, I am the host for Words for Wednesday. Words for Wednesday was started by Delores and now is being continued by various bloggers with Elephant's Child as our coordinator. The aim of Words for Wednesday is to encourage us to write using some or all of the prompts.
    You may write your piece in the comments or post it on your blog. If posting on your blog, please leave a direct link to the post so we can all visit you. Have fun writing!

This week's prompts are:
1. tomorrow
2. coffee
3. direction
4. echo
5. sunshine

This is my last week hosting Words for Wednesday. For March prompts, River will be providing the prompts and they will be hosted at her blog, Drifting through life.

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for providing the prompts this month! I'll be back to link up my story once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lissa - here's mine:
    Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow … why does he always echo eeverything I say …

    If only he'd come to coffee with me … we could sit in the Spring sunshine and enjoy each other's company – but perhaps that'd be boring: way too many echoing repeats …

    Change direction Hilary and move on … Spring is nearly here …

    Cheers to one and all - HIlary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you don't know until you try. Cheers to you!

      Delete
    2. Hilary Melton-Butcher: It would be nice to sit in the sunshine but who says you have to speak at all? Good use of the prompts.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Tomorrow I will walk in a different direction and sit in the sunshine while I have my coffee and listen to the echo of children playing in the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River: This is great. Short, just right and it's a good thought.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. My take on the prompts is here: Fiction: Destination: Heaven, Maybe

    Have a lovely day, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Against my current habit, I did publish my Words for Wednesday on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: What's wrong with that? I think if a piece is not ready to be read, you shouldn't post it but then again, spending more time on a piece might not make it any better. I like to be on time but perhaps it's better to post when I want to.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut