"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

February 24, 2024

Retro Minute #10: Some abstract photography

To sort of celebrate 18 years of blogging, I'm sharing 18 of my favorite posts from previous blogs. Here's the tenth post from Postcards from the clouds blog.

Some abstract photography
Would you call these abstract photography? Here some of my favorite shots. Click on the image for a larger view.


01 - partition that divides a street with holes that were weathered, 06.24.2008

02 - sunlight on wall, color is altered, 08.31.2007


03 - a piece of paper curled up, color is altered, 09.02.2007

04 - an old phone booth, color is altered, 10.09.2008


05 - city lights shot while moving the camera, 10.24.2007

8 comments:

  1. I especially like 1 and 3, but I also like what you've done with the phone booth...like, "this is an antique now" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: There are still phone booths but they don't work.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. These are great! My faves are #2 and #3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: #3 was an experiment but I really loved it. I have a few versions of it.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Lark: I'm glad you do. Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't call the phone booth abstract but the others are, that last one in particular is very good. And the rolled paper one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River: The phone booth one is not abstract but the graffiti on it was.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut