"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

October 24, 2022

Zip Thru Autumn 6

Zip Thru Autumn
For October 26 - November 1, the suggested prompts are Priorities, Open. I never thought of blogging as a priority but it's something that I care about. It's not necessary for me to blog at all but sometimes it's something that I kind of automatically think of to do like any other every day task. I've been blogging for a long while so perhaps I got into the habit and not think too much on it.
    I think I'm very open with my blog but at the same time, I don't share many personal things but mostly because I'm just not comfortable doing it. I do wonder why some people are easy-going when it comes to sharing and why others aren't as good at it. I am certainly not good at it. I see many bloggers confessing their inner most thoughts and struggles and I appreciate their openness and I can understand there is a certain comfort in sharing them but I doubt I can do the same thing.

If you have a blog, do you prioritize it or is it just like any other tasks you do each day? Are you open with your blog readers and do you like sharing your inner most thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. It is a very public platform so I try not to get too personal
    With certain things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: I thought the same thing. There is such thing as sharing too much.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I do prioritize my blogging activities, in the sense that I have a designated time each morning to drink coffee and read blogs. I write my own posts when time allows, fitting it in among other things, but I do make sure to post every 2 or 3 days. I share certain thoughts and experiences on my blog, but without spilling my guts on every little thing. Basically, if I would feel comfortable telling something to people in real life, I feel comfortable putting it on my blog. But lots of things I keep to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: I like to do the same thing but sometimes I think there's no need to prioritize blogging. Some days I just don't want to do it.

      You are right not to share what's not comfortable for you. Sometimes I find it's very easy to share and other times, not so much.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I share some things and not others. I find myself boring and am sure that others would too, and some things are of no interest to anyone else.
    I do put a priority on blogging. Preparing the only post I am almost certain to do (Sunday Selections) is one of the first things I do on Saturday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I do the same thing. If I think something's boring to me, I wouldn't post it.

      I do sort of like to have one post prepared for a week but sometimes I just don't do it.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I share to a point but I hesitate to get too personal sometimes because it's the internet lol. So it's a balancing act, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: We should all share what we want and not share what we don't. Like you said, it's a balancing act.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut