"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

October 18, 2022

Draw or Nap #2: The modern witch

cat-witch with ipad and puppies
The modern witch
Debra at She Who Seeks
suggested drawing a modern witch so this piece came about. (Thanks Debra.) The only thing I can think of to modernize a witch would be technology so she uses an ipad or whatever you like to think as modern. I certainly don't know as I'm quite un-modern.

the modern witch closeups
closeups
I titled this The modern witch but I'm thinking maybe change to The tea witch as she's a tea maker or so I believe. I wanted her to be a cat-witch so it's why she has such ears but she doesn't really look like a cat. The animals in her arm and on the floor are puppies or cats or some weird cat-puppies or something. I decided pink is her favorite so that's why there are so much pink. For a larger view, click on the images.
draw or nap

17 comments:

  1. Fun art! I like the idea of her familiars being "weird cat-puppies" -- probably custom-made by her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: I also like weird cat-puppies.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I love it. And her cat/puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: Those cat-puppies...

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Love it. The jars on the walls and the flooring. I'd love to see the outside of her cottage or whatever her home is as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I'm thinking the outside would look like a cottage or some very normal looking house but probably with a flat roof where she can watch the stars or set off flying somewhere.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Christine: I thought the theme was good but I'm not much into modern things.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Am and always will be a big fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura Best: I don't do a lot of art so it's nice someone is a fan. Thank you.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful, I love all the details.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinley: I like adding the details, I am constantly putting too much into a piece but I like it.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Cute. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne: I might not like to share most things but my art, I am glad to share them.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. And we are ever so lucky that you do. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  8. A modern witch ... no not any iPads or things like that, but eletric cauldrons. Fires are messy, dangerous and hard to temperature control. Any modern, self respecting witch now uses thermostat-regulated cauldrons.
    As much as I love this drawing and the 'bunny-kitten-puppies' I'm still no big fan of pink ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: I imagine she doesn't uses real fire for her concoctions. Thermostat-regulated cauldrons are a great idea.

      I know pink isn't for everyone so it's okay you don't like it. Actually, I was deciding between green walls or pink walls but the floor was already green so...

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut