"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

October 29, 2022

Draw or Nap #3: Postcards from the sky

typewriter with paper of a city skyline and a plant crawling all
Postcards from the sky
I didn't post as many drawings as I would like this month but mostly because it took me too long to finish a single piece. But here's one that I just finished. I call this Postcards from the sky but mostly because I can't think of anything to call it. I was going to have some text on the typewriter paper at the front, something like, 'On a clear and moonlit night..." but I decided no on that. The typewriter keys are askew but everything is sort of not straight anyway so I just decided to leave it. I really like how this turned out though. (click on the images for a larger view)

closeup- typewriter with paper of a city skyline and a plant crawling all
closeup


draw or nap

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: I'm glad you do. Charming sounds like a good word to describe this piece.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Nice work -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: Thank for your kind words. Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Wonky or not, that is a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I couldn't seem to draw a straight line, at least, not at a proper angle.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I so enjoy seeing your art! Your colors and style is wonderful. Lovely autumn to you Lissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammie Lee: Sometimes I think I used too many colors. For this piece, I actually muted the colors so there aren't any bright whites, not much.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut