"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

October 04, 2022

Zip Thru Autumn 3

Zip Thru Autumn
For October 5 - October 11, the suggested prompt is Variety, Unique to my blog. I must admit, there is no variety to my blog. I only blog about books, my fiction writing and something that is neither of those two. And occasionly, I'll post my art if I have a new piece to share which is not often. Do people expect variety with anyone's blog? I don't but mostly because I read so many blogs that I don't need variety from just one blog.
    I cannot say there is anything unique to my blog aside that it is mine and no one else's. Everybody's unique but at the same time, everyone's sort of the same. We only think we're unique because there's not another one of us so, just like our blog, there is no other blog like ours unless there is someone copying you and in that case, you're still unique because you're not that person copying you unless you're weird and you like to copy your old blog for some reason.

As a blogger, do you think you need to offer variety to your readers? And do you think bloggers need to be particularly unique with their contents or themselves?

13 comments:

  1. My blog has always been extremely eclectic because that's what keeps ME interested in doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: I like eclectic and I always find something to smile about at whatever you post.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Your art (and your writing) IS unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: Other people can also create almost the same things as me but yes, I guess my art and writing is unique, a little odd sometimes.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I think bloggers should just be themselves, and I think most do. I do sometimes wonder though if I should offer more variety. I try to sometimes but like the firt commenter said I have to go with what I like or I'd get bored! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I agreed. Bloggers should do what they like. I do post only what I like too or else what's the point of trying to please other people?

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Christine: Absolutely.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I blog about what I like, for my own pleasure. If I find lovely people that I can talk to through that, the better. But I don't think about offering a certain variety and/or whether my readers like every single one of my posts.

    As some others already said, we have to be ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne: You are right. I guess you can the perks of blogging is meeting lovely people.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. Always a pleasure. And the same to you.

      Delete
  6. Echoing EC. Your art is unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: I agree with you, don't know if my art is all that unique but at least, there are no exact versions of them elsewhere.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut