"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

March 01, 2024

February 2024 - Brief Review

artwork - lady growing plants from her hands
the gardener (cropped), 2014
Even with the extra day in the month, it still felt like February just zoomed by. Here is a brief summary. (Note: The artwork above is an old piece that I did years ago but kind of forgot about it until I saw it in one of my blog files folder so I thought I re-share this.)

01 - I read some forgettable books. Either I'm slowly losing my love for reading or else I have been reading a lot of bland/crappy books. Maybe I'm just not picking the right books to read. I'll still look for books but there not many that interest me these days.

02 - I had a long fight with my computer. Apparently technology and I no longer get along. Things just keep going wrong with my computer. I had just upgraded to the most recent operating system (I used a Mac) but still there has been more problems than usual whenever I upgrade. Maybe I'm getting dumber or computers are getting smarter? I spent most of February cursing at the screen. Real fun when you're in a rush to finish a project for work.

03 - I hosted Words for Wednesday and I have to admit, I wasn't a very good host. I visited those who participated but a day or two late and I didn't try to get people to participate. I'm not even sure I know how aside from visiting people's blogs. I get the feeling people are less and less interested in prompts, memes, challenges. Even I have been participating less and less. But I really do like these prompts, memes, challenges because it brings bloggers together.
    Also, I don't know why, I posted one of the words misspelled (and later corrected it) and now I feel stupid about it. I used spellcheck but for whatever reason, it didn't tell me that word was wrong the first few times until I do a re-spellcheck in a new document. No idea how that happened since both documents used the same app. Also, also, I could have made it easier on myself by writing the story first and then choose the prompts from the story but I decided to pick the prompts and then write the story using the prompts, like other participants. I don't like to take the easy way for these things even though I can.

How was your February? I hope March is being good to you.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Christine: March isn't bad.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I love The Gardener! Great use of light, and the "heart leaf" is such a nice touch.

    "Maybe I'm getting dumber or computers are getting smarter?"
    LOL, I don't think they're getting smarter...maybe eviler? 😉

    "I could have made it easier on myself by writing the story first and then choose the prompts from the story but I decided to pick the prompts and then write the story using the prompts, like other participants. I don't like to take the easy way for these things even though I can."
    Ha! You subconsciously chose not to cheat. It's neat. As for memes, challenges, etc., it's true - there are less of them these days, with less participants...maybe it's because blogging has changed, or because most people don't have a blog anymore but an Instagram/Tik Tok...In my case, it's because I have too many books to review and too little time, but then again, sometimes I spend hours doing word games on the internet, so...🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: Computers getting eviler? Maybe. I don't know.

      I wish there are more memes, challenges and such even though I might not participate all the time, it's just fun to do so now and then. I'm not much into word games but I watch way too many youtube.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I read one good book in February, but the rest were forgettable as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paperbackprincess: Some books are like that but what can you do? But at least, there will always be books.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut