"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

March 02, 2024

Retro Minute #13: Owner of a quiet heart

To sort of celebrate 18 years of blogging, I'm sharing 18 of my favorite posts from previous blogs. Here's the thirteenth post from October 9, 2017 from Rainswept blog.


Owner of a quiet heart
I was going to write something today but nothing came to me so, enjoy this art piece and this quote.  (The artwork is originally done in 2017 but I revised it in 2020.)

quiet heart (revised 2020 version)
“I understood that as much as I had resisted the outside, as much as I had constricted my life, as much as I had closed and narrowed the channels into me, there were still many takers for the quiet heart.”
– The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin

8 comments:

  1. Such an evocative painting! One of my favourite albums of contemplative Asian flute music is called "Quiet Heart." I bought a copy 30+ years ago now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: Flute music? I don't really listen to that much but it might be good companion to this art piece.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Good to revisit old posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: Yes, it was fun to see what I used to post. I must admit, I was more creative back then.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Nice. Interesting quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I found the quote after the art was done.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Interesting quote, and I really like the artwork. Funny that you made a pun with the Yes' song title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: Actually, I forgot about that Yes song so the title wasn't from that song.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut