"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

January 16, 2024

Retro Minute #3: I only blog when it rains

To sort of celebrate 18 years of blogging, I'm sharing 18 of my favorite posts from previous blogs. Here's the third post from March, 5, 2015 from Postcards from the rain blog. There are two snow references (#2 & #5) but I don't remember if it was snowing when I wrote these but it's snowing today.

I only blog when it rains
20 Reasons that might or might not be true on why I'm not blogging

01 - Someone has hacked into my blog and I can only post photos of bunnies and nothing else. I don't think people want to be seeing bunnies every day. Or do they?

02 - I'm waiting for someone to dig me out of the snow. Send help. And hot chocolate. Mostly hot chocolate.



03 - I'm stuck at someone else's blog. It has created a computer error that won't allow me to leave.



04 - I've been kidnapped and I am forced to watch every show that was ever cancelled.



05 - I'm out taking pictures of snow and won't be back until all the snow has melted.

06 - I'm stuck in the elevator on the 63 floor of a 66 floor building that is on fire and without electricity.



07 - My laptop refuses to post for me.



08 - I've got no net service unless I'm on the roof of my house but I do not know how to get up there without injuring myself.



09 - Every time I post something, someone goes and reverts it to draft.



10 - Someone asked me to do them a favor and now I'm stuck in Canada without a passport and I seemed to have committed a crime and is forced to do community service.



11 - I only blog when it rains. 



12 - I've adopted a puppy and now he barks whenever I try to use my laptop which it isn't so bad if only he doesn't also pees on it.



13 - I got stung by a bunch of bees and now whenever I sit in front of my laptop screen, I get dizzy and have an urge to nap.



14 - I'm writing my novel inside a cave that is inside a mountain and the exit can only be open from the outside.



15 - I'm locked in my bathroom with only boxes of poptarts and my toothbrush.



16 - I'm too busy reading other people's blogs. (my blogroll reading list but will use my updated list.)

17 - I've lost a bet and now I cannot do any blogging without first having to walk around in a bunny suit with a sign that says 'kick me so I can start blogging.'



18 - My neighborhood's dog attacked me and now I can only remember one thing a day and somehow I keep forgetting I have a blog.



19 - I was at the library and somehow bumped into a book shelf which strangely fell down against another book shelf and that book shelf fell against another and then another until all 50 shelves fell over and now I'm stuck re-stacking all the books which will likely take me about a year to finish.



20 - I practice the 'no blogging unless I want to' motto.



What's your reason for not blogging?

8 comments:

  1. Bunnies! You should do a post of bunnies and see if anyone puts it together ha. #14 isn't a bad story idea, honestly. #19 made me smile. :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: Post bunnies? I'll think about that.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Nice look back -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: I'm happy to look back.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Smiling. If you only blog when it rains you would be blogging a lot this year. And some very heavy posts would be called for too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I don't think that motto works now as it rains more often now.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I especially love 4, 7, 17 and 20, but 9 even more...hahaha, that would be every blogger's nightmare!

    You do love your bunnies, don't you? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: If you must know, I revert posts to drafts now and then but it's not a nightmare, it's call un-sharing, yeah, I think some of us needs to do some un-sharing...maybe.

      I love bunnies but I don't know if I want to post about bunnies as cute as they are...

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut