"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

January 10, 2024

Retro Minute #2: Some sky shots

To sort of celebrate 18 years of blogging, I'm sharing 18 of my favorite posts from previous blogs. Here's the second post of cloud photos from Postcards from the clouds blog.

Some sky shots
I used to take a lot of photos and even had one or two photo blogs devoted to only photos but most are sky shots. Here are some of my favorite sky shots. (click on the images for a larger view)
10/31/2007

09/20/2007

09/17/2007

05/15/2008

05/07/2007

02/06/2008

03/13/2007

12 comments:

  1. Your skyscapes are delightful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: Thank you. I enjoyed taking shots of them.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Debra: Thanks! Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Christine: Thank you. And thanks you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Postcards from the Clouds- nice header. I've always loved clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: Clouds, skies, that is mostly the purpose of that particular blog, I think.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I especially like the 05/07/2007 one, with the cloudy arc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: That looked like some smoke from a chimney or something. I think I cropped that image somehow.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Cool sky shots! And what a fun way to celebrate 18 years of blogging. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark: I thought it was a good idea too. It gives me a chance to revisit some of my blogs.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut