"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

January 02, 2024

New Goals for 2024

"Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." - Mark Twain
Are these realistic goals? Probably not. Do I really mean to do them? Probably not. Honestly, I just wrote these for fun. Here are some goals I'll probably, maybe, do or not.

01 - Quit anything that makes me unhappy

02 - Join a club for creative people who are unmotivated to create but still wants to create but don't really want to do anything about it

03 - Limit my daily lazy time to 23 hours and 57 minutes

04 - Will finally clear out my overstuffed closet of one item

05 - Become fluent in staring blankly at people when they say something stupid

06 - Read more books by glancing at book covers and maybe reading the titles

07 - Finally read the Kindle user manual but only the first page

08 - Figure out how to squeeze 10 more hours into each day

09 - Stop lying to myself about being able to make better decisions

10 - Start a virtual support group for people who likes to procrastinate but pretend they don't

Got any goals for 2024? Do share them in the comments.

11 comments:

  1. #1 is great. And #3 made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: #1 is okay but kind of hard to do as certain things you must keep on doing, like dusting, and chores... Don't I wish I can do that every day.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Christine: I try to keep it fun but I guess some seriousness slipped in.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. No resolutions here. I fail at more than enough things already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i liked yours though. And 'might' even succeed at some of them.

      Delete
    2. Elephant's Child: These aren't resolutions, more like suggestions. I don't make resolutions either. I might actually do them, maybe.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. #6 is how I've been reading books for years, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: #6 is how I'm reading books these days too.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. But N°1 is a serious one! 😉 (And N°9 too). If only we were able to do that.

    "Become fluent in staring blankly at people when they say something stupid"
    😂

    I also liked your Twain quote. Especially since I've given up on believing I can make resolutions and stick to them...eons ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: #1 and 9 - too serious? Doubtful I could do them even if I want to.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut