"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

September 30, 2022

Zip Thru Autumn 2

Zip Thru Autumn
For September 28- October 4, the suggested prompt is Xenodochy in blogging, Why blog. I had to look up xenodochy and it means, according to most online dictionary, the reception of or extending of hospitality to strangers or foreigners. I guess xenodochy in blogging might mean strangers accepting our blogs with hospitality or we accept strangers to our blog with hospitality. Let's just use those meanings.
    When I thinks of blog readers, I don't exactly think of the readers as strangers. Somehow, I just accept them as friends even if I've never met them because if I think of them as strangers than I can't quite accept any interaction with them. I suppose if you think of your blog like a booth on a sidewalk or street where strangers can come and talk to you about their day or what they prefer on their hot dogs, you would be weary of them but on the web, you don't see their faces, you see the words they say or will say and that's quite easy to accept. I'm not saying I would blindly accept strangers just because they happen to visit my blog, I'm just saying it's easier to accept strangers if I don't see their faces.  I try not to think too much on this because if I did, it would stress me out.
    The second prompt, why blog, does suggest a lot of things to me but after blogging for so long, I no longer know why I blog, I just know I want to.

If you're a blogger, do you accept readers into your blog just like that or do you have to think about it? And do you need a reason to blog?

12 comments:

  1. I love the blogging community that has grown around my blog. I do connect with them outside of blogging too. I enjoy blogging and can't think of stopping. Thank you for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DVArtist: The blogging community is wonderful, brings people together quite well.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Like many, I moderate the comments on my blog before publishing them, in order to weed out trolls, haters, bots and scammers. Apart from them, I welcome all readers and commenters! I blog simply because it's a hobby I enjoy. I've met some wonderful online blogging buddies over the years too because of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: Blogging is a hobby I enjoy also although, from time to time, I think of it as something of an extension of myself but still a hobby, I suppose.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. There is a lot of positivity within the blogging community. I enjoy seeing what other bloggers are doing, and I enjoy the blog hops. And an added bonus is that I have met so many lovely people along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dixie: There is enjoyment in seeing what other blogger are doing and blog hops are just wonderful. You just never know who you might met through your blog.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Christine: Thank you for coming by. I don't know what to reply to your comments anymore. I appreciate your support but don't feel you have to leave a comment on every post.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Anyone who interacts pleasantly is welcome at my blog. And you are right about bloggers becoming friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: Some readers are just pleasant people.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I would miss blogging. I have found myself wondering lately thought WHY I blog. It's a good question. :) But I would miss doing that and all of the friends I've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: If I don't blog, I would miss it too. I don't think anyone needs a reason to blog. Sure it's nice to have an answer but you don't need an answer.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut