"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

September 26, 2022

Zip Thru Autumn 1

Zip thru Autumn - an AtoZ Challenge Event
Over at Blogging from A to Z blog, they are holding a Zip thru Autumn event. The idea is to post (in reverse from Z to A) on a bi-weekly schedule with whatever topic you want or you can use their prompts. I thought this is a good way to sort of prepare you for the A-Z challenge next year or just something to keep you blogging. For this, I'll probably just write random stuff that get unstuck from my head or whatever I thought to write at the moment and I'll use the prompts because I'm too lazy to think up new ones. More about the event here.
   
For September 21- 27, the suggested prompt is Zero excuses, Yearn to. It's rather lazy of me but I don't do a lot of blogging and have zero excuses for it other I didn't want to. I think it's sufficient to post twice or once a week. Every now and then, I had some yearnings to post more but the idea just went out of my head every time I think about it. Yes, it's nice to post more but I don't like to blog just so I can blog.
    I had posted (on this blog anyway) over 150 posts which I thought is pretty decent for almost two years. But I have noticed the amount each month are barely over seven posts which I suppose if I'm to calculate it, it's four posts per month which is still decent I think. But that's something I doubt I will ever change. If you're a blogger, are you posting more or less or the numbers doesn't matter?

12 comments:

  1. I usually post once or twice a week - which is enough for me. I know some bloggers who post every day which would feel like a chore to me (always assuming I could think up something to post about every day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I think posting every day is a bit of a chore too. I don't know how other bloggers does it but I can't do it.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Christine: Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. This is a tough one for me- I do like ti post regularly but then I'll go through lulls (like last week) where I don't. Maybe I just need the little mini breaks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I do the same thing, I go and post regularly or then not at all or a lot of posts at once, I've no schedule and I'm okay with that.

      I think every blogger needs little breaks so don't feel like you have to post just because you have a blog.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Repost, too many typos, sorry.

    Oh, you found this one too. Hopefully this easier challenge is what is needed to bring me back on track.
    Don't want to blog is a fine excuse!
    I want to, I don't care about numbers, but I just love to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: I totally understand about typos. I also want to correct them but all you really can do is repost your comment.

      This does seems like an easier challenge but perhaps with a fewer participants, it just seems more laid-back.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I have ups and downs in blogging, sometimes I'm very enthusiastic, and want to post every day, other times I have nothing to say for months on end :) which is probably why I don't have an audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Andi: I'm almost the same thing but I don't think that's why you don't have an audience. I think it depends on a lot of things. Readers will come if they have some interest but I don't know, people are fickle and it's hard to know what they like. Blog as usual no matter, I think that's the way to go.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. This is completely do-able! Wishing you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne Rodrigues: Oh yes, very do-able.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut