"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

September 19, 2022

The Tenth Annual Tolkien Blog Party Tag

This week (Sept. 18-24) is the Tenth Annual Tolkien Blog Party hosted by Rachel at The Edge of the Precipice. This is in celebration of all things related to J.R.R. Tolkien - the books, the movies, the world of Middle-earth. I'm not a big fan but I am somewhat a small fan ever since I saw the movies. I only read The Lord of the Rings this year. Today, I decided to answer the tag. For more about the party, go here.

1. Who first introduced you to Middle Earth? 
I have no idea but I probably saw a commercial for one of the movies. The Lord of The Rings movies were my first time that had anything to do with Tolkien.

2. Has your love of Middle-earth affected your life?
Not that I can say but I do appreciate the idea of such a place in existence even as a fictional place.

3. Have you ever dressed up like a Tolkien character?
No, but if I were to dress as one, I would prefer dressing as Lady Éowyn in armor.

4. What people in your real life would you want in your company if you had to take the ring to Mordor?
None I can think of as I do prefer to have people who knows magic and someone knows how to use a sword and can fight really well. I don't know anyone who could do those things.

5. What Middle-earth location would you most like to visit?
Rivendell? But only because it's the one I can remember aside from the Shire. The Shire sounds like a good place for a quiet visit. I think any place but Mordor, even if the evil people are gone from there, I doubt it would be a pleasant place for a visit.

6. Are there any secondary characters you think deserve more attention?
Treebeard, I really like his people's way of not rushing through things, never hasty in making decisions.

7. Would you rather attend Faramir's wedding or Samwise's wedding?
Sam (I always call him Sam) because there would be lots of food and one would not feel like they have to be too careful about what they touch or say. Let's just say Faramir's wedding would be a far too serious affair for one to truly enjoy.

8. How many books by J.R.R. Tolkien have you read?
If you count The Lord of the Rings as three books, then three, if not, then one.

9. Are there any books about Middle-earth or Professor Tolkien (but not written by him) that you recommend?
None that I can say.

10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotations from the Middle-earth books and/or movies.
There are many but I'll just list two from the books:

"I almost feel that I dislike you both, but do not let us be hasty." - Treebeard to Merry and Pippin, The Two Towers

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark." - Aragorn, The Two Towers

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark." - from The Two Towers book

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the questions if you want to answer the Tag:
1. Who first introduced you to Middle Earth? 
2. Has your love of Middle-earth affected your life?
3. Have you ever dressed up like a Tolkien character?
4. What people in your real life would you want in your company if you had to take the ring to Mordor?
5. What Middle-earth location would you most like to visit?
6. Are there any secondary characters you think deserve more attention?
7. Would you rather attend Faramir's wedding or Samwise's wedding?
8. How many books by J.R.R. Tolkien have you read?
9. Are there any books about Middle-earth or Professor Tolkien (but not written by him) that you recommend?
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotations from the Middle-earth books and/or movies.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Christine: I think doing this tag is good for me, I had fun.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I am with you about wanting to know more about the Ents. And particularly the Entwives. It is more than forty years since I first read Lord of the Rings (after the Hobbit) and I still mourn for the Entwives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: The Ents are great people.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, thanks for reminding me of Rachel and her blog party- I have to participate ;)
    Also I like your answers , the Ents, and even more the Entwiwes are a mystery that needs solving. I chose another one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: I always like these type of blog parties even if I'm only a small fan. The Ents, they are great. I'm thinking the Entwives probably needed a break and it's why they went away.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. When I was in my 20s, I read The Hobbit and the LOTR three times. It's still one of my favourite fantasy worlds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: You read the books three times, is impressive. I only read LOTR once and I have yet to read The Hobbit.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Ooh this is fun. I didn't know about this, will have to check it out. I'd love to visit Lorien. And Rivendell. and the Shire...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: It's always fun to revisit anything to do with The Lord of the Rings. I think Lorien is a nice place to visit, similiar to Rivendell although I don't know about Celeborn, I don't really like that guy.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. Celaborn is someone I don't feel like I know much about, even though I just looked him up. :)

      Delete
  6. Treebeard is awesome and definitely undersung. I wonder what C.S. Lewis thought of him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Deniston: I haven't read much of C.S. Lewis so I got no idea there.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Eowyn's armor does look like it would be cool to experience wearing!

    Both Rivendell and the Shire would be pretty idyllic places to visit, I think.

    That line of Aragorn's is sooooo good.

    Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamlette: Thank you for hosting the party. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut