"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

January 27, 2022

Rain Girl's B-B Party 2022: Wrap Up

table with empty plates, a baby unicorn nipping on a shoe
a baby unicorn nipping on a shoe

Well, lovely guests, it's the end of the party. It's been very delightful to have you all here. I'll maybe, probably, do this again next year but perhaps make it a two-day event instead of a five-day event. I don't know why I thought five days is a good idea. Plus I threw these posts together rather quickly. I didn't really thought any of these through. Anyway...

Thank you for coming, lovely guests. Before you go, I have bad news to announce: First, your shoes had been slightly chewed on by the baby unicorn but the good news, whomever wore the crocs shoes, those are free of bites. Second, whomever owned the red corvette must fetch a tow truck or someone with a very tall ladder as the car is now up in a tree in my neighbor Lillypod's yard. We have no idea how the car got up there or why it appeared a bit damaged but Lillypod did said she noticed the car was parked illegally in front of her driveway. But don't worry, we know some really good mechanics. If needed, we'll even recommend some nice fairies who will help you if you can't get your car down.

Here is a list of things you might have missed (click on the text to go to each post):
• January 21 - Welcome
• January 22 - Scavenger Hunt
• January 23 - Let's Play Question Tag  
• January 24 - Cat Hunt & A Giveaway
• January 25 - Alphabet This or That
• January 26 - Have your futures read

Before you go, and if you're incline, answer this question: What is the best present (for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc.) you have ever got?

As they say, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here. Good night, goodbye and don't forget to take your shoes.

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting this lovely birthday party. It has been quite an experience for this old, sociophobic Owl. I've been stretching my wings a bit. I am happy noone grasped my broomstick.
    The best gift, now this is a hard question to answer, as I always find that the gift, I'm using now is the best one. Maybe my birthday gift from 2014 was the very best, a new garden table (Link) It has been used for many birthdays ever since.
    Oh, I did not see anniversaries in the list. Sorry for fast reading. On our 25th wedding anniversary all the guests gave us money for a travel to Italy, and BigSis's gift was taking care of the Owlets while we were avay! It was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: Actually you only have to say what's the best gift from among all the gifts you have been given. But the wedding give of money to travel and having your kids taken care of sounds really great.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for inviting us to your party. I had a lovely time, and slightly nibbled shoes is a small price to pay. I do hope that the shoes didn't disagree with the unicorn (as too much party food has been known to do).
    My best ever birthday present? The gift of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: The baby unicorn only likes to chew, he never swallows if he can help it. The gift of life is definitely a great present.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. The best birthday present I ever got in my life was when I was five. My parents got me two female rabbits and my father built them a big hutch to live outside in together. But my parents didn't give me the gift directly. On the morning of my birthday, they just sent me outside to play, knowing I'd eventually discover the hutch of bunnies inside my father's workshop. Right away, I spotted something mysterious through the workshop window and went in to investigate . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: That's a great way to start your birthday day.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting Lissa! I often don't know what I like as presents till I receive them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: Me too. Sometimes I didn't know I like something that it was given to me.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Our daughter arrived in our family on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WendyW: That's one great gift.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday again Lissa. I'm sorry I wasn't around to attend and play your games, but you know what's happening with me, and I honestly don't know where to find the time to keep up with things these days. I did read the posts though, and enjoyed the art. Your unicorn is a bit naughty but lovely 🙂.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: The unicorn has issues which he will not work out but instead decided to chew on guests' shoes.

      I totally understand. Thank you for dropping by on your busy schedule.

      Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. I hope you had a Happy Birthday, Lissa. :) The best gift has to be the hand-made ones from my sibling, one time they gave me a custom doll which was amazing. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinely: I like hand-made things and a doll sounds nice.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday! I'm not sure what my favorite present would be, I'll have to mull that over. I'll miss the unicorn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: The unicorn will probably miss your shoes.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut