"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

February 21, 2023

Words for Wednesday Prompts - Feb. 22, 2023

Words for Wednesday scrabble tiles
This February, I'm the host for Words for Wednesday. Words for Wednesday was started by Delores and now is hosted by various people on various blogs. The aim of Words for Wednesday is to encourage us to write using some or all of the prompts.
    You may write your piece in the comments or post it on your blog. If posting on your blog, please leave a direct link to the post so we can all visit you. Have fun writing!

This week's prompts are:
1 - wonderland
2 - squander
3 - brisk
4 - postcards
5 - wait
6 - stall
7 - leftover

This is my last week hosting Words for Wednesday. For March, Susan Kane will provide the prompts at her blog here.

15 comments:

  1. I'll be working on it. Thank you so much for providing the prompts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My contribution will autopost tomorrow. So long and thanks for all the words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. squander is a word I haven't heard in a long while. My story will be on my blog on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He wanted to wander
    In the WONDERLAND
    But that would SQUANDER
    The meeting planned.

    He had sent a POSTCARD
    Telling her to WAIT.
    He had to STALL in case
    The BRISK walk had
    Spoiled her fate.

    He heard the music
    And wondered if the LEFTOVERS
    Had made her too sick
    To pull back her bedcovers.

    THE END


    (Sorry my friends for this crazy poem. I just didn't want to waste llissa's great prompts and leave the space empty on my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie: Thank you for not wasting these prompts. And this isn't crazy at all.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. It's quite a unique take on the words, i like it.

      Delete
  5. After a brisk walk to the wonderland of the public bathroom, I had to wait for a stall only to find some leftover debris and TP the consistency of postcards that no one was going to squander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike: That was kind of fun but probably not the image I want to think about.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. Succinct as always, and well done.

      Delete
  6. I wait. I squander the thoughts in my brain. But then again I rush briefly at a brisk walk. I try but I can not to get the postman on time. So I walk in a beautiful wonder land . I stall and think., is this just a dream leftover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous: This was wonderful. I like the way you used the prompts.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut