"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

March 25, 2023

All the blogs I have loved before

To celebrate 17 years of blogging, here's post two. I thought I list all the blogs I had actively posted in, even those blogs that didn't last very long but they're still part of my blogging history. I enjoyed every one of my blogs even if sometimes I neglected them. I don't know if this is all correct as I sort them from my files. Almost all of them were at Blogger but l've noted the ones that aren't. Here are all the blogs I have had in my 17 years of blogging.

0.5 - Walking with wings (2006) - According to my files, I started a web page that is sort of a blog at yahoo 360 (I think that's the name though I seemed not have written anything about it). I posted some photography, wallpaper (for your computer) and not much else. I don't even think I had any readers.

A pity I'm an Aquarius
01 - A pity I'm an Aquarius (2006-2008) - My first official blog which I started at Wordpress and then moved to Bloggger. I posted everything from personal tidbits to every meme I can find to participate in. This was named after a song title.

02 - Tomorrow's Song
(2006) - music blog that didn't last long

03 - Walk to the left, walk to the right (2007) - writings & poetry & other stuff

04 - Lilyblue Design (2007) - blog & book design, I don't think I posted much here but I seemed to have designed some headers & blog templates for some bloggers

05 - Just writing a novel (2007) - I'm not sure why I even had this blog

06 - Just write (2007) - renamed of blog #3 (see above) posted fiction, poetry, photography and other things

07 - Just writing words
(2007) - posted fiction, poetry, with photography and other things, had also briefly changed the blog name to Scenes from a slow moving life

08 - Postcards from the clouds (2007) - a photoblog at Aminus3 which is a format for photoblogs

09 - She Who Designs (2008) - design blog that is sort of group blog but people wanted to join but they don't care to participate, barely lasted a month

10 - 2Lives (2008) - a duo photo blog with another blogger named Susan which was a good experience and it lasted a few months

Once blue
11 - Once blue (2008) - a music blog at Wordpress which sadly, I didn't continue as I didn't quite like Wordpress and nobody seems to listen to the same music as I do

12 - Leftover reveries
(2008) - honestly, I couldn't remember what I posted here since this blog didn't last very long

13 - In the frame (2008-2009) - a photoblog at Aminus3 because once you quitted one photo blog, you have to get another

14 - Create Tuesday (2009) - a creative prompt blog for would-be artists and fellow artists, I later handed over to another blogger but was discontinued

15 - Collecting songs (2009) - music/movies/books blog which lasted a few months

16 - The sleeping day (2009) - I don't remember what I posted here but I really did like the name but it was a brief blog

17 - Daytripper (2009) - a duo photo blog with Frances, a fellow blogger, good experience but I think I was a bit lazy about it (it's still around, go here if you want to browse the archive - http://www.nydaytrippers.com, there were actually more posts but some of photos that are not stored in Blogger no longer existed so I had to revert them to drafts)

The memory of rain
18 - The memory of rain (2009) - a blog to sort of gather all my scattered blogs into one which I posted fictions, photos, personal stuff, there might or might not have been some poetry, and whatever I can think of. This was named after a poem I wrote.

19 - Little Voice Designs (2010) - blog & book design that replaces Lilyblue Design blog (see #4) - lasted a month or two but really, I just lost interest

20 - Soul venting (2010) - a sort of a more personalized blog where I rant about stuff that happened to me, mostly complaints, barely lasted a month

just writing words
21 - Just writing words (2010) - I actually got the domain and used it. It's a writing blog with photos & drawings. (Same name as #7)

22 - 3 Blogger Friends
(2011) - a prompt blog with two other bloggers Miki & Corina which didn't last long, just another space that got started but never quite went anywhere

A chance of sunshine
23 - A chance of sunshine
(2011) - personal blog which replaces the previous one which was as usual where I posted photos, fictions, artworks and lots of other things

24 - Half awake & dreaming (2011) - a writing, photography, drawing blog which replaces A chance of sunshine. I tried to change it into a drawing blog and have everything else separated at another blog Beautiful persuasions (see below), can't recall why I thought that was a good decision

25 - Beautiful persuasions (2011) - writing & photography & personal stuff - barely lasted long enough for me to enjoy the name

Don't rain on Mondays
26 - Don't rain on Mondays
(2012) - replaces Half awake & dreaming & Beautiful persuasions and combining all that I posted - writing, bits of poetry, photography, drawings, random stuff. This was named after a song.

27 - The rain girl
(2013) - posts from Don't rain on Mondays were moved to here - still the same kind of blog -  a writing, photography, drawing

Sleepingwalking in NY
28 - Sleepingwalking in NY
(2013-2014) - posted writings, photography, artworks, ramblings and everything else

29 - The memory of rain (2015) - I returned to this blog (#18) very, very briefly but I don't recall what happened

Postcards from the rain
30 - Postcards from the rain
(2015) -  a writing, photography, drawing blog but really, I have not really posted much fiction and now I don't even take photos so there's no photos so maybe it's become an art blog plus other things such as lists, ramblings, books & such

31 - The sunshine seeker renamed sunshine avenue seven (2016) - trying to stay away from rain names, posting writings, art, ramblings and other things I can't remember

32 - The last rain girl (2017) - apparently I returned to titling my blogs with rain, posting the usual writings, art, ramblings and other things I can't remember

33 - Rainswept (2016-2018) - somehow I just moved here, don't remember why or how but again, still posting the same art, ramblings and whatever there were

34 - The memory of rain (2018) - Apparently this is my favorite go-to-blog when I want to move to a url but couldn't think of a better name. I return to this blog again and post the usual stuff fiction, ramblings, artworks and other things.

The memory tourist
34-and-a half - The memory tourist (2021) - I renamed The memory of rain (blog #18, also #29 & #34) which was a good decision but not really so I renamed it back

35 - Postcards from the bookstore (2021-present) - This is the blog you're reading now.

If you're a blogger, how many blogs have you blogged at?

12 comments:

  1. Holy moly, you've been prolific! My only blog has been "She Who Seeks." But it helps with longevity that I have no specific theme for the blog, therefore I can (and do) post anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: I seemed to spread out a bit with what I posted back then but now it's mostly the same things so, like you, I can and do post anything as long it interest me.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. What a great number of blogs, I'm happy that you always continue bloging no matter under which name.
    I still have my first blog: MotherOwl's Musings (originally named Krydderuglen = The Herbal Owl - which is still in the URL) which was the first blog I ever made. There I write about anything in Danish and English.
    I also have some dedicated blogs: Unicorn Farm for my Susan-stories, a plant dye blog, a gardening blog, a nettle/flax blog, a soaping blog, an agonizing blog (Uglegylp = Owl Pellets), a haiku blog, two drawing blogs, and a lot of dormant ones to a grand total of 22.

    I hiope you stay here at Postcards for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: If I didn't go back to a few blogs or renamed some of them them, I might ended up with about 22 as well. You have certainly a lot of blogs.

      I hope I do stick around here for a long while. Hard to say but maybe.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Wow. You have been busy and productive. I have only contributed to two blogs, my current one and as a collaborator at another that has since closed down. I still miss that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: It's kind of nice to collaborate with someone on a blog, isn't it?

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. What a cool post. I've only had the one blog but I've thought occasionally of branching out or having others. 35 though! Wow. Neat that you had a blog with Postcards in the title way back in 07.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: I haven't even thought about my old blogs when I came up with Postcards from the bookstore. Actually, I have two blogs with postcards in the name which I just realized.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Christine: Oh yes, so many but it's 17 years of blogging.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. 0.5, 1, 12, 16, 20, 24 and 25 are my favourite names, but yet again - you have a flair for titles, besides having one for tags. Maybe that's the main reason why you've changed so many blogs LOL - since the contents weren't so different (except for the ones more photo/music-inclined) I didn't know you had co-blogged on several occasions! And your 17 years of blogging put my 10 and a half to shame, but I'll get there! 😉 Here's to the next 17 years of posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: I don't even remember that 0.5 blog until I looked at my files. I don't remember why I call it Walking with wings either.

      Ten years is still a long time. Here's to the next 17 years of blogging for you and I!

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut