"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

September 24, 2021

Tolkien Blog Party 2021 - Tag Answers

Tolkien Blog Party 2021

Rachel at The Edge of Precipice is hosting a Tolkien Blog Party celebrating all things Tolkien. You can visit the party here.
    I'm not a big fan of Tolkien but I am a fan of The Lord of the Rings movies and I do plan on reading the book (it's not a series as I just found out, it's a long book divided in three volumes). I wasn't going to join in but after much thought and some lunch, I thought I answer the tag Rachel had created to sort of join in. All my answers are from The Lord of the Rings movies because that is the only Tolkien thing I know. You can also answer the tag in your blog.

1. Aragorn: Favorite Tolkien hero/heroine
My favorite heroine is Eowyn but mostly because she is the only female character I can remember from the movies that I like but I also like that she's bold and strong and can fight just as well as any man.

Eowyn

2. Boromir: Favorite Tolkien character arc
I wouldn't say I have any favorite arc or story. I like the ones where he/she doesn't die at the end. I'm all for happy endings that doesn't involve death.

3. Frodo: Favorite song or poem by Tolkien
I have no idea. I have not heard any songs or read any poetry by Tolkien.  

4. Gandalf: Favorite wise Tolkien quotation
"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." - Bilbo Baggins

"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." - Bilbo Baggins

5. Gimli: A Middle-earth location you'd like to visit
Anywhere but Mordor. The whole time Frodo is trying to get to Mordor which makes me believe it's not a place for the faint of heart, definitely not a place for a tourist.

6. Legolas: Favorite Middle-earth Weapon
I like bow and arrow but not because of Legolas but I've always liked archery.

7. Merry: Favorite way to celebrate Tolkien's stories
Watch the movies instead of reading the books? I suppose if I read/know more of Tolkien's books, I might have an answer. Maybe with the movies, we can play 'Which male character have the best hair? or which character suffered the most?' - it might be fun.

8. Pippin: Favorite funny Tolkien quotation
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

9. Samwise: A Middle-earth food you'd like to try
Funny, but I do not remember any of the food in the movies. It always seems like everyone's eating some unidentified grub. I guess dessert that looks good with nothing moving or crawling about, I would try but then again, I'm not that adventurous when it comes to food.

6 comments:

  1. I lover Eowyn! Such an amazing character. She's great in the book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: Eowyn is amazing, yes, in the movies. I plan on reading the book so I'll find out for myself if she's great in the book or not.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Christine: It was fun answering these. I may have did a little internet search to find some of the answers.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. It was fun to read your answers. I also like archery... and Legolas. Are you an archer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lectrice Vorace: No, I'm an archer. I don't have the upper body strength or at least, I keep telling myself. I'm just not good at sports.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut