"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

November 07, 2022

Zip Thru Autumn 8 & 9

tree with falling leaves
For November 9- November 15, the suggested prompts are Lesson and Know where I've been. I guess like most of us, I do learn my lessons but mostly I find not really. I can't always remember the mistakes I made so I make them again and then correct it.
    Know where I've been? I've haven't been anywhere or if I did, I don't remember so does this means I don't know where I've been?

For November 16 - November 22, the suggested prompts are Joy, Job in blogging and Ideas. I find joy just thinking up things to post on my blog. I don't think of blogging as a job although if someone wants to pay me to blog about whatever I want, then I'll accept. Blogging is not easy and yet, if you enjoy it, it's sort of easy, that is, if you're not pulling your hair out because your blog or something related to your blog is suddenly not working.
    I don't have any ideas today but yesterday, I did wonder why every good idea I have for a post just zoomed out of my head. I write tons of drafts but most of them remain as drafts because I don't really want to use them or I just forget about them.
    
Where do you find joy? If you can blog for a living, would you?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Christine: Flowers also brings me joy, I love them too.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. From my observation over the years, the moment a hobby is turned into a job, the joy and love of doing the hobby is lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: It might work for some people but you're right, somehow when something becomes a job, it loses something.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. This is a test comment using a different browser. I could never blog for a living. It would take the fun out of it, and I would probably be very bad at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I guess it kind of depends on the situation but I can understand why you couldn't blog for a living. It does kind of take the fun if it's considered work since work is never fun.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I agree- when you have a post idea you're really excited about, it does make blogging joyful. the only thing I don't like is when Blogger interferes with my ability to put a good post up lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: Yeah, Blogger is very tempermental but it's free...

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut