"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

June 17, 2022

This might be a boring post

girl reading, relax, nothing is under control
This is my blog and I can post whatever I want but sometimes I find that strangely hard to do. I don't want to post something just to have posted something. And since it usually takes me a week or more to finalize a post, I guess my doubts sort of sneak in and I end up not posting what I had written and finalized. (I had a post written but I decided to scrap that so you get this instead.)
    Even with many years of blogging, it's still a bit hard to decide what to post. I don't particularly post anything that you might call a niche. I talk about books I read, shows & movies I watch, my fiction writing, random life things and very occasionally, my art. If I have to categorize my blog, it would be under personal blog which I think defines a blog that talks just about anything but that's probably not the right definition.
    Years ago, I wouldn't even think about the readers or whether a post will interest them but now I find it's so easy to get into the habit of too much thinking and not a lot of blogging. Of course, I don't cater to readers because that's not why I blog but sometimes when I have a post idea, I think about whether it will interest readers. It's nice to post something readers might enjoy just because it's nice to treat your readers.
    I think it was easier to blog when I was a new blogger because I can just whip up a post and send it out there and not feel one bit dumb about it. Experience hasn't taught me how to blog on a regular bases so I'll just be posting random things at random times and try not to worry that I'm might be going the inverse road where I'm becoming less and less good at blogging.
 
What about you? If you're a blogger, do you think about whether what you post will interest readers?

8 comments:

  1. Love your book title. It certainly fits my life.
    I do worry that I am going to bore people, but wind up posting anyway (thinking to myself not only has it been done before, but that I have done it before).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I think I had lot more fun making this art and putting that title there than writing this post.

      I think you shouldn't have to worry about boring people but it's hard not to worry.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I do try to think if others will find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: I think everything has an audience, maybe it's a matter of getting readers to come and read it.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I think we all second guess and wonder how certain posts will over. I certainly do. For what it's worth, I like how eclectic your blog is.

    I love the image, especially the different colored panes of window (and the book title)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: Most of the time, I thought my posts are too scattered but eclectic is better word for it, I guess.

      I really would like a window like that with color glass but it's not ideal in the city.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I do wonder if people will be interested in a certain post, or not. And I try to do a mix of posts to keep it more interesting. But I can't control what other people like, or respond to, so mostly I just try to do stuff that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark: I should also do what makes me happy but I guess I think way too much of what people think. I should try to stop those thoughts.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut