"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." – Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  words for wed prompts  |  favorite books  |  bookmarks  |  home

August 26, 2026

Bookmarks

I like to make artwork with phrases or sayings so I thought I made some. Here are three that I had been working on for weeks but I'm not quite satisfied with them, maybe some more tweaks later but for now I'm happy with them. I made these as bookmarks but you can use them for your blog or wherever but please do not use them in any rude or unkind way. 

#1 - The Joys of Reading

#2 - My favorite pastime is read books and complain about them

#3 - Think Less Read More
Do you use bookmarks? Do you like bookmarks?

19 comments:

  1. Thanks-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: Thanks. And thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I do use bookmarks. My sons do not. They just remember what page they're on. I like all the bookmarks you made, but I like the top one the best. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live and Learn: I couldn't remember the pages so I had to use bookmarks.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. The top one is fab! I use bookmarks - or I try to. I always misplace them, or forget them. When I begin reading I put them somewhere else in the book so as not to forget them in the train or wherever I'm reading. Then it's suddenl time to get off, I close the book - naturally without placing the bookmark back in it's rigt place ;) I'm better off looking at the page number and remembering which page I'm on, like Live and Learn's sons.
    I wish I could find another use for the readers in the topmost bookmark. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: I usually remember to put the bookmark where I left off so I never had issues of forgetting to use them.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com): These are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie: Thank you for your kind words. And thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I love bookmarks and have plenty, some are photos, some are the picture part of a nice birthday card, others are pictures I find online and print them. Only one has a saying "Bother me one more time while I'm reading, I dare you"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River: That's a good saying for a bookmark. I like it had a certain attitude to it.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love bookmarks and must have about at least a hundred of them, bought, gifted, homemade. I love yours with that fantastic quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne: That is a lot of bookmarks. I have accumulated a couple but not as much as you.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you'll get there once you've reached my ripe old age. ;)

      Delete
  7. I only really read ebooks, so no bookmarks, but I love the first one. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha: I also mostly read ebooks but I still have my bookmarks for when I re-read one of my paper books.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. I love all three, but the first one is my favourite. Especially the image with the rising pigtails...it looks like she reached a super-interesting (or surprising...or even scary) paragraph, and her whole body is reacting to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta R.: That one is quite nice. That one with the pigtail rising - I think, yes, she reached something shocking, scary, surpising, all the above. Reading a book can be a bit emotional.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  9. I do use bookmarks - although if there is not one to hand, I will use a receipt or scrap of paper! The one I used most I got as a Christmas present from a workmate - its silver with a dangly bit hanging out - the scripted text along the mark bit says "f* off, I'm reading" so probably not polite :D I do love the three that you have shown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jeanie: That phrase might not be polite but so dead on, sometimes you really didn't want to be bothered while reading.

      Thank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut