"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

October 31, 2023

October 2023 - Brief Review

dog ghost halloween costume
ghost dog

I'm posting early so I can show the above drawing. I'm thinking the dog above the other dog is standing on two legs but how to explain the eyes being so wide apart? Maybe he's an alien dog or two dogs or not a dog at all. Happy Halloween!
    All I did this month is draw, listen to music and did some work, nothing remotely exciting to highlight in great detail. I read a few book beginnings but I didn't finish any of them. I don't seem to have any motivation to read much. I hardly did any writing. It had been a mild October. I consider still being around to do these posts as a good thing even if I have nothing exciting to show or to say.
    
How is your October? I hope November is good to you.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween. Any month where you are drawing has to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I think any month where I accomplish something is a good month.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I thought all your Inktober drawings were very exciting blog posts! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: Thank you for your kind words.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Christine: I think so too.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Elephant's Child. Also, your ghost dog(s?) is (are?) so mysterious and cute...I mean, I'm sure if there's an alien dog inside, it's a nice one - much like my alien Doctor 😉.

    "I consider still being around to do these posts as a good thing even if I have nothing exciting to show or to say."
    It is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: I like to think all my creations are friendly creatures.

      The mundane life stuff, not exciting but still good to be able to do them.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Happy Halloween! Okay a few days back. We had snow for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg: Snow? I can't begin to think of that now. It's been rather cold here.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. such a unique idea and cute too. I have had a couple lazy days, hope to pop out of it. at least you are drawing, that is usually good medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammie Lee: There's nothing wrong with lazy days. We all need those.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. I hope you had a Happy Halloween, the ghost dog(s) are cute. I love the little top hat that they're wearing.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinley: I like little hats on large creatures.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut