"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  reading  |  bookmarks  |  home

August 01, 2023

July 2023 - a brief review

drawing-girl reading
home 2, 2023
01 - July was an okay month. The first half I was busy with work and the second half I was just having a lazy summer. It's hot here on my side of the world, very hot with rain and thunder storms every few days. It's like mother nature decided to combine summer with spring. I don't mind it all that much. Sure, it's weird to suddenly rain when it's bright and sunny but what can we do?

02 - I re-read a lot of books. When I re-read a book, I skip the parts that I dislike. I don't think re-reading them would make me like them even if I keep re-reading a few hundred more times. I do find I enjoy re-reading classic books more than the modern releases but maybe because of the archaic language though everything is longer. In such a rush-rush world, I don't mind long books.
    I also re-watch a lot of old tv shows and I may have seen some movies but they were forgettable. Not to say I didn't enjoy them, just that sometimes when you consume familiar things, your mind kind of already absorb everything without too much thinking. I'm sure I did others things but I don't remember. I think I was kind of distracted for no reason..

03 - Have blog, will attempt to blog: that's my motto in July. According to my blog archive, I only posted three posts in July which isn't bad. At least it's more than two. I hadn't a month where I posted below three posts which I kind thought is a good thing. So yes, I'm blogging less and less but I've accepted that's the way it's going to be and that's that.
    
How was your July? I hope August will be good to you.

12 comments:

  1. July whizzed past. I can't remember what I did in it, though I know it involved lots of medical appointments for me, my partner and one of the kittens.
    I am diligently rereading Terry Pratchett's Discworld series and only have about another twenty five books to go. I am also interspersing it with other books.
    No movies and not a lot of television. Enjoy the last of your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child: I had only read a few discworld books but I may read the others later.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. My July seemed to go quite fast. I did a couple of big tasks that needed to be done in my home, so I'm glad to have those out of the way! Haven't been watching a lot of TV, movies, or streaming stuff, but reading more fanfiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks: If only I was as diligent doing tasks, big and small, as you, I might have gotten a few more things done.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. "It's like mother nature decided to combine summer with spring."
    That's probably better than what has been happening in Italy, where there are regions in which it combined (or still combines) summer with winter...strong winds, storms, hail...(not where I live: we just had intolerable heat for almost the whole month). The heat though...I hear you. I hate it. I hope you can find some respite.

    I love your motto LOL. Yep...three is more than two...three posts a month is still an achievement. At least you're not going away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta R.: Ah yes, the heat is part of summer. I read somewhere where people painted their roofs with those reflective paint or whatever they are called to cool their houses which sounds like a good idea. I also don't have air conditioners so I can understand how much harder summer can be.

      I think now one post a month is an achievement. Can't go any lower than that.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Christine: Thanks! Happy August to you too. Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I have also had a lot of rain where I am this month. And I always somehow end up getting caught in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. paperbackprincess: Better to be caught in the rain than to be caught in something worst or so I have heard.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I applaud you- as always- for persevering in your writing. I try to do the same. With my housing and employment tenuousness, I'm at least doing a lot of journaling- but I'm also very eager to go back to more frequent blogging. One essay a month is at least a basis for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speculator: One essay a month sounds. Writing is good even if you don't write a lot. I hope things work out for you.

      Thank you for coming by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut