I normally used Firefox as my sole web browser. Recently, when I tried to comment on Blogger blogs, it would not go through but keep saying publishing and nothing happening for so long and after many tries, I had to give up and use Safari. I don't understand why but most time when I have an issue with Blogger especially with commenting, it's because of Firefox.
I don't hate Firefox except when it is being incompatible with Blogger. With Firefox, there is like a thousand settings to every little thing and why can't they just cut down on those settings and simplify everything? I guess I may not be the user they are targeting because I find every time they add a new feature, I had to look it up on the web on how to turn it off. It's why I hate updating Firefox, that, also, every time I update, a week or two later, there's another update. So yes, for security, it's a good reason to keep your browser up to date but are they really updating security most of the time?
I have tried other browsers. I mostly hate Safari - something about it that just irks. Maybe it just seems like everything is on the left side, like closing tabs where the x marker is on the left side. I don't know. I also kind of hate Chrome because it's like I'm using everything google which I dislike and I didn't want to sign into Chrome. (I don't sign in when I use Firefox or Safari.) I didn't try other browsers as I'm too used to Firefox and re-learning how to use them is annoying. I guess that's not-so-great a reason to keep using the same browser but habits, how can you change that easily? Of course, I am not against using a new browser but they would have to be easy and simple for a mac user (using a computer not a smartphone) who likes easy an simple when it comes to browsing the web.
What browser do you use to blog? And do you like it?

I have an android and a bunch of google accounts, so I use Chrome. There are some extensions I like too.
ReplyDeleteSamantha: I have tried Chrome, I didn't like it but I guess since it's google owned, I guess it integrates well with other google apps and stuff.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
This time it wasn't the browsers, it was a Blogger problem for all browsers, or most of them and most countries too were affected. I never bother with switching between browsers, I have one and that's it.
ReplyDeleteRiver: This time is Blogger at fault but I often had issues with Firefox together with Blogger so most of the time, Firefox and Blogger is not compatible. I didn't really want to switch browsers either but when Firefox starts to annoy a bit too much, I might change to something else.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
The commenting problem was not unique to Firefox. It was a Blogger problem across many platforms. We used to use Firefox, but now we use Duck, Duck Go because they don't track you.
ReplyDeleteI agree with this being a Blogger-specific problem, I (Denmark) had it earlier that most, other browsers sometimes helped - as did closing down and restarting my computer ;) But it is fixed now, finally.
DeleteErr ... Firefox is a browser, DuckDuck Go is a search engine - like Google - or did I misunderstand something?
Live and Learn: I have been using DuckDuckGo as a search engine. I'm surprised they also have a browser version but I haven't tried that.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
Charlotte: DuckDuckGo is a search engine but they have a browser version.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
Curious me had to look it up. Yes now Duch Duck Go is also a browser (since 2023/24). It was not so when I went browserhunting back in 2019 ;)
DeleteI usually use Firefox but I have problems with WordPress. Then, I go to Google Chrome. I don't know why they can't sort those problems. Oh, well, I think, WordPress wants Blogger users to use WP and vice versa.
ReplyDeleteYup, the cold war between WP and Blogger is forever, I think.
DeleteMarianne: I've never had problems with Firefox and Wordpress blogs, not even when I using Wordpress. It's usually Blogger that I had problems with Firefox.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
It's about the bling bling.
Delete"With Firefox, there is like a thousand settings to every little thing and why can't they just cut down on those settings and simplify everything?" But ... this is what I love about Firefox. You can customize almost everything so that yor browse looks how you want it, not how some company imagies you like it.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte: I do like some of Firefox's features but most of the time, I don't use them. But maybe I don't understand them or they just seem kind of useless to me.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
I use Chrome because it's easier for me, since it naturally integrates Gmail and Blogger. And I was able to add a whole bunch of extensions that block all the AI 💩. Yeah, like you, I wonder...are all the updates security-related?
ReplyDeleteRoberta: I didn't really want to be using google for everything but yes, they are more compatible if from the same company and probably because they made that way.
DeleteI think if they list what the update is for then maybe I won't hesitate to update.
Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
I use Google Chrome
ReplyDeleteChristine: I hope you like using Chrome. It's definitely more compatible with Blogger since it's also from Google.
DeleteThank you for stopping by. Have a lovely day.
I used Firefox once in a while when I was still working in an office but I don't have it on my home computer. I have Safari but rarely use it anymore. I use Chrome now because (as a Google product) it works best with Blogger (another Google product, of course). Google has us all by the short hairs and right now Blogger is being a total pain in the ass, isn't it! Because the blog feed doesn't work right now, I'm letting everyone know that I'm home from my travels and back to daily blogging again.
ReplyDeleteDebra: Chrome is Google owned and maybe probably better when using with Blogger. I don't know why blog feed seems to be wonky these days but I guess we can only wait until it's fixed.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
I use firefox all the time on my computer and haven't had any issues that I know of.
ReplyDeletejeanie: Maybe you're lucky.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.
ff🦊 right here
ReplyDeletespike: I hope you're have no issues using firefox.
DeleteThank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.