"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." – Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  book index  |  favorite books  |  bookmarks  |  home

September 23, 2026

A Refresh

Born to be tidy, 2026
I like to organize, make lists, basically make my blog as tidy as possible. And I like refreshing it now and then, changing or adding something new to sort of give something new to look at.
    As of today, I had updated the hello page, writing page and added a list of the all the books I sort of reviewed but mostly ranted about (titled book index) and even changed the header. Sadly, I was too lazy to update my blogroll or anything else.
    The book index is sort of my way of organizing and listing all the books I read but of course, I don't have the previous books from my previous blogs. This is mostly for me because it's just a list so it's not all that useful unless you are looking to read some book rants about books you may never have heard of know or care to know about. (All page links are below the header).
    I was going to make the above artwork another 'Spot the difference' but decided it wasn't a good idea, too many elements that can be changed and it's kind of hard to spot things. Though I did work on this piece for months. As much as I like an office all to myself, I don't have one but I do like one that is something like that but probably without all the papers scattered around but I do seem to have paper messes every few weeks. Generally, I'm messy unless I had sudden urges to organize and clean again which happens often. Maybe it's why I keep trying to tidy this blog.

Are you a naturally tidy person? Do you like to refresh your blog once in a while? 

12 comments:

  1. I am not particularly tidy, but better than I used to be. I could definitely clean up my blog, but it never makes to the top of my ToDo list. I like the new picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live and Learn: I think your blog is tidy enough.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I like your refreshed look and you know I always enjoy your art! I do try to be neat and tidy in my living space overall, but confess to having small, contained spots of clutter/mild chaos. I also try to keep my blog relatively well organized, particularly my archives (with greater or lesser success). After a few years of neglect, I recently updated my blogroll -- holy moly, what a job THAT was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: Small space often lead to clutter so maybe it's why I keep re-arranging my things. At least you updated your blogroll - that's the thing most bloggers don't update.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I am naturally tidy in most areas of my home, but have a messy table where I do everything from breakfast to dinner and other stuff between, computering, reading, crossword puzzles, because it is my ONLY table, so it all piles up here until I make the effort and put things away. I never bother with updating or changing or rearranging anything blog related. I set it up, I use it, that's enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River: I also have a table that I used for most everything so things pile up but I do try to clean it. You don't really have to do anything once you set up your blog but I like to change up.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I'm so not naturally tidy, bit cleaning and refreshing my blog is way easier than doing the same to my house ... digital waste do not take up any space ;)
    I like your new header, it looks tidier than my desk :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte: You're right, digital waste doesn't take space unless you use up your computer's memories but then it's so easy to delete files and not so easy to delete physical things.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I like the new look and how you organised your pages! And the new artwork is fun, title included 😂.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: They do look organized, don't they? I'm better at organizing in digital form. If I hadn't gone (mostly) digital, I would have tons papers scattering around more than usual.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I like order, but I really don't go nuts on the blog. I suppose it's an out of sight, out of mind kind of thing. I do cull my TBRs on Amazon, Netgalley, Edelweiss, and Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to refresh the blog quite regularly but I think I've settled into a look that brings me joy so there's not much refreshing these days. I did a rebrand around this time last year and while I did changes the overall look and feel was still the same.

    I'm liking the new look, especially the header!

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut