"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence." – Doyle
hello  |  artworks  |  writing  |  words for wed prompts  |  favorite books  |  bookmarks  |  home

July 07, 2026

New music added to my playlist

I rarely listen to newly released music so everything's new to me. Here are some music that I'm currently listening to that I believe are almost recently released.

01 - Lines by Feng Ze
> link 
Good pop-rock songs, mostly in English with one mandarin song and two with some mandarin lines thrown in. (If you're wondering, the cover has the artist sitting on the lamppost with a lamb on his lap)

02 - Everyone's A Star (Fully Evolved) by 5 Seconds of Summer
> link  
I prefer the clean lyrics version but I like they give people a choice between the two versions. This is punk-rock, pop-rock, fun sounds, serious lyrics. I wouldn't say I love this album but it's very close but I definitely love the last song, 'I'll find you.'

03 - Meant Love by EJEAN 
> link
Soft pop-rock that are a bit dreamy.

04 - Songs in the (M)attic by Matt Nathanson
> link
Some really good Billy Joel tribute/cover songs.

What music are you listening to these days?

10 comments:

  1. I am still listening to the same old 400+ songs of my original playlist. Now and again I add something new, but usually in the same style. It's what I am comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River: I'm the same way. I don't really like new artists and listen to my few same favorites but sometimes something new catches me.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. The only time I listen to music is in the car and I switch around to many different kinds with pop and oldies being the most common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live and Learn: I used to listen to music on the radio and switch around to pop music. Sometimes I did like the oldies.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I haven't actively listened to new music since I lost my radio job...at a certain age, you seem to lose the ability to enjoy new songs LOL. On a side note, even before I read the title and made sense of it (not mention, read that it's a Billy Joel cover collection), the last cover (I mean label) gave me a shock of recognition...not only the artist referenced a Billy Joel album title, but he paid homage to the cover of his album "The Nylon Curtain"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta R.: I think it's a tribute album and the artist is a Billy Joel fan. I thought his covers of Joel's song are pretty good.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I've mostly been listening to music that I associate with my stories (Faun, S.J. Tucker), and recently that has been a lot of music by Lindsey Stirling. (In particular her album, Artemis).
    And I love some of the music you shared.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinley: I have heard of Lindsey Stirling's music but I'm not much of a fan. I guess I'm more into music that has lyrics.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Well, so far today I've been listening to Lady Gaga and Bach. What can I say -- I'm old school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra: I don't listen to Lady Gaga but I think I might have heard some Bach but I couldn't say since I'm not familiar with most composers. I'm sure I might have heard some in movies.

      Thank you for dropping by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut